Lexus Ocd, True Confessions

landar

I don't know if any of you have this kind of experience but sometimes the passengers in my LS430 drive me nuts! One guy unconsciously "fingers" and smudges up the walnut on the passenger side. I think he finds the car so luxurious he can't believe it and has to "touch". And he often fingers the window controls such that I have put the child window lock on to keep him from messing with the window. Another friend likes to pull up and down on the side hand rail. Yeah, I know its for holding onto but we are not going around corners fast. Yet another gets in and has to start picking lint off his clothes and depositing in my car like its a giant garbage can. The same friend gets into my car and feels so comfy that he sits cross-legged with his left shoe almost touching the side door panel. Makes me extremely nervous. ARRRRGGGHH.

I know I need to chill but its difficult. I know its just a "car" (darn good one too) and I try to control myself. So far, I have restrained from yelling...(feel like screaming).

And I definitely know I have Lexus OCD. ^_^ Thanks for reading. I think I feel better now. :unsure::lol:

I know what you mean... The shoe thing gets to me too. What normally chaps me is having a freshly cleaned car and the passenger wants to point out something, so they touch the glass as they point out their interest. I'm then drawn to the smudge, every time I look to the passenger side.

Oh yes, your example about lint definitely gets on my nerves, but it's usually on my nerves when my interior is spotless, and I have a two-year old thus it's not spotless all the time. (I do try to keep it tidy though).

I'm much less OCD about this car than other cars I have had. That to me is strange considering I've wanted this generation car for years. It's probably because my car is not perfect to begin with. It has some imperfections, and it'll never be a 10 out of 10. In fact, when it's clean, it's probably a 6 or 7 out of 10. At the end of the day, it's just a car.

Still, it's a nice one and certain passenger habits (as you noted above) get on my nerves too.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Micah

hay guys, wait till you are old and senile, like me, 77...... I am picky, picky, picky, NOBODY eats anything in my car!! course a lot of people ride with my wife, in hers, but she carries it to the car wash... and gets it cleaned up.. glad to know others are finicky too.. mine & hers.. below

post-5365-0-43167300-1306773339_thumb.jp

post-5365-0-66513700-1306773376_thumb.jp

I don't know if any of you have this kind of experience but sometimes the passengers in my LS430 drive me nuts! One guy unconsciously "fingers" and smudges up the walnut on the passenger side. I think he finds the car so luxurious he can't believe it and has to "touch". And he often fingers the window controls such that I have put the child window lock on to keep him from messing with the window. Another friend likes to pull up and down on the side hand rail. Yeah, I know its for holding onto but we are not going around corners fast. Yet another gets in and has to start picking lint off his clothes and depositing in my car like its a giant garbage can. The same friend gets into my car and feels so comfy that he sits cross-legged with his left shoe almost touching the side door panel. Makes me extremely nervous. ARRRRGGGHH.

I know I need to chill but its difficult. I know its just a "car" (darn good one too) and I try to control myself. So far, I have restrained from yelling...(feel like screaming).

And I definitely know I have Lexus OCD. ^_^ Thanks for reading. I think I feel better now. :unsure::lol:

The way I see it, you have three choices: 1) Get new friends. 2) Buy a KIA, or 3) Seek therapy. :o Just Kidding!!!

P.S. I used to care about other people making my car dirty, but I got over it. I simply don't allow anyone in my cars, except the wife... lol!!!!

It is 'funny' how much we identify with our cars.

Life is nothing more than a process of compensation. We might seek perfection with our cars to compensate for other situations where we have little or no control. We seek order to make up for the disorder elsewhere in our life.

Life really is, nothing more than a school and a process of compensation.

My wife used to drum her fingernails on the walnut surround on the passenger door switches....made me crazy. Someone once put their foot (!)on the dashboard of the GS. Took a few sunny days for the groove to go away. Last week a punk jimmied the door lock on my Dakota and stole a pack of gum and $1.25 in loose change. Will cost me $211.00 to fix - my pocket.

It adds up to people not respecting the property of others. Some cultures do, others do not. There were no instances of Japanese looting after the tsunami. You don't see that respect too often.

It's a simple matter of respect. And we are allowed to treat or view our cars as we wish, and others should respect that, as we'll respect their stuff. I won't apologize to my neighbors when my lawn needs mowing, and they won't lean on my cars.....

Life is nothing more than a process of compensation. We might seek perfection with our cars to compensate for other situations where we have little or no control. We seek order to make up for the disorder elsewhere in our life.

Huh? You a psychiatrist Rx? :lol: I just like cars. And have a special appreciation for Lexus automobiles because of the refinement and obvious attention to detail. Lots of people could not give a rip what kind of car they drive, like most of my friends. They seem to admire my Lexus but never, ever consider it a practical or obtainable car for themselves. Their logic escapes me as do their manners when riding with me. IOW, they are, for the most part, slobs in their own vehicles. While in my Lex, just sit there, enjoy the ride and don't touch! :P

Well I could go on for hours about this..

1) DON'T SLAM MY DOORS.

2) DON'T TOUCH MY RADIO.

3) DON'T PUT YOUR FEET ON MY DOORS OR ANTHING BUT THE FLOOR MAT.

My wife and I just had a discussion about #1 and #3!

Huh? You a psychiatrist Rx? :lol: I just like cars. And have a special appreciation for Lexus automobiles because of the refinement and obvious attention to detail. Lots of people could not give a rip what kind of car they drive, like most of my friends. They seem to admire my Lexus but never, ever consider it a practical or obtainable car for themselves. Their logic escapes me as do their manners when riding with me. IOW, they are, for the most part, slobs in their own vehicles. While in my Lex, just sit there, enjoy the ride and don't touch! :P

Thanks for the compliment. Yes, Lexus are nice cars, though there is room for some serious improvements. For example, the quality of the leather. This is my first Lexus and to be honest, the quality of the leather is the worst of all cars I have owned. Nevertheless, I agree with you in terms of refinement. The world would be a poorer place if Lexus would not exist. I suspect some of your friends are unconsciously envious of what you have. And as you said, they are slobs.

Just look at their offices at work and it should tell you what their houses and life look like.

Well I could go on for hours about this..

1) DON'T SLAM MY DOORS.

2) DON'T TOUCH MY RADIO.

3) DON'T PUT YOUR FEET ON MY DOORS OR ANTHING BUT THE FLOOR MAT.

My wife and I just had a discussion about #1 and #3!

Funny you mentionned #1, my wife does it quite often and it is 'driving me over the hill' (no pun intended). It doesn't matter how many times I tell her, she still slams the door. Though sometimes she says sorry. On the bright side, this has taught me that after more than 25 years of marriage, if I ever become a widow, I will never re-marry! There is something to be said about peace and quiet.

[

Funny you mentionned #1, my wife does it quite often and it is 'driving me over the hill' (no pun intended). It doesn't matter how many times I tell her, she still slams the door. Though sometimes she says sorry. On the bright side, this has taught me that after more than 25 years of marriage, if I ever become a widow, I will never re-marry! There is something to be said about peace and quiet.

I never plan to become a widow. Widower maybe. :whistles: But I have to agree. I gave marriage a try and would not feel the need to do it again. I do not have to worry about my wife slamming the door as much as I do opening up the door into our other vehicle when in the garage. That, and slamming the door onto an unretracted seatbeat. I even cringe when people get in and slide across the leather rather than just plop down. OCD, I tell ya.

[

I never plan to become a widow. Widower maybe. :whistles: But I have to agree. I gave marriage a try and would not feel the need to do it again. I do not have to worry about my wife slamming the door as much as I do opening up the door into our other vehicle when in the garage. That, and slamming the door onto an unretracted seatbeat. I even cringe when people get in and slide across the leather rather than just plop down. OCD, I tell ya.

LOL!!! Thanks for correcting my mistake :rolleyes: I also don't plan on becoming a widower, but if it ever happens, I know what I will not do! In your case, maybe you need a shock treatment, like buying a KIA. It could cure you.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I'm not the one who owns the LS430 at our house, (it's my dad's car, and I'm not of age to have a car yet :( ) I can say that I'm probably more OCD about it than he is, go figure, huh. He's willing to let it remain dirty for quite some time, and usually I'm the one who ends up washing it, though he helps, but his eyesight isn't the best, so I usually touch up missed spots. Luckily, the few passengers that ever do ride in the LS seem to respect it, they usually just sit and look out the window without fiddling with the buttons. :)

Uggh, I can relate. Everybody who rides in my car seems to think that they have to close the doors like they are the door to a bank safe. WHAM! It makes me cringe every time! Although I understand why, I was test driving a '11 Dodge Challenger and I was so used to how light the doors are to close in my BMW and Lexus that it took me three times to get the door to latch in the Challenger.

Also just a few days after buying my '11 RX I drove a few people in our office to lunch and once we got back I noticed a huge smuge on the back of the passenger seat. Ooo boy I was hot, I was in the parking lot yelling "Who the F*#@ has to put their foot THAT high to get into a car!!"