Wheel Cap Replacement

Are the wheel caps easy enough to remove? If so how and can anyone recommend a place other than the dealer to get new wheel caps for a 2001 GS300. Mine has the gold package on it and I want to change it to silver or any other color than gold.

Many thanks,

Houston

You could try Sewell Lexus (www.sewellpartsonline.com). They are much less expensive than most dealers and frequently offer special discounts for Club Lexus forum members. Other than that, you could go to a salvage yard or just strip the gold plating off the emblems on your existing center caps.

Once you have the wheel off, take the handle end of a hammer ( the wooden end ) and gently bump the cap out of the wheel from the inside.

My GS had satin finish chrome caps that were in tough shape ( in 2004 ) I actually got Sewell Lexus to send me four of the chrome ones, and they look like new after seven years. Once I had their part number I checked with my local dealer, and the price was nearly the same, although I get a shop discount. So your local dealer may sell very close to Sewell.

I also bought wheel caps for my 2000 LS400 from Sewell ... after registering on Sewell's website with a Lexus forum member name to get a nice discount -- chrome caps with chrome logos to replace the original chrome caps that had gold logos. I think I paid about $80 for the set of four but that was several years ago.