Windshield Repair

I have a 1/4" crack at the bottom of the windshield on the driver side due to a small rock that hit it. The crack is a straight line. Is it usually advisable to get such a small damage repaired? There is no bullseye, just a 1/4" straight line crack.

Thank you.

Is the crack along the edge of the glass or more centered? Usually small cracks develop into larger ones but it all depends on where it is. You could try having the crack repaired by a glass place, they have a special liquid that they inject in the area that hardens with UV from sunlight. It might be better than replacing the entire windshield!

Is the crack along the edge of the glass or more centered? Usually small cracks develop into larger ones but it all depends on where it is. You could try having the crack repaired by a glass place, they have a special liquid that they inject in the area that hardens with UV from sunlight. It might be better than replacing the entire windshield!

Yep, I agree better to spend ~ $200 than ~$2-3K for a new windshield. The crack is located about 4 inches from the bottom of the glass, or if you prefer, about 1 inch above the black part that makes up the first 3 inches of the bottom of the windshield and about 7 inches from the right end of the glass (on the driver side). I only had similar repair done once on another car and it was a bullseye. I don't even know if the repair guy will be able to install his equipment to fix it given how close it is to the edge of the windshield. And although it is better to be safe than sorry, I was wondering if it is really necessary given how small the crack is.

I would have liked to have the feedback from anyone who has/had similar damage.

Absolutely get it repaired as soon as you can or it will split. Many insurance carriers will waive your deductible if you get it repaired too.