Automatic Door Locks

nia63

I purchased a LS 400 Platninum series in November; are the doors supposed to lock once the car is put in gear? The CD player skips terribly and the radio gives off static when the vehicle stops. Any suggestions?

I also have the tail lamp failure message in the dash; it the high trunk tail light on the driver's side. Can I replace it myself? How do I get to the bulb?

I'm not aware that the doors can be made to lock automatically when the car is shifted into gear. Is yours doing this? Attached is a list of all the settings that can be customized by a dealer or repair shop with a handheld scanner and the correct program card.

One of the biggest repairers of Lexus radios happens to be in Florida: http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexusLS400str1.htm

Or maybe forum member dcfish will reply with ideas.

Yes, the rear light bulbs are easily replaced. The ones in the trunk lid are replaced by opening the little flaps secured by velcro and sticking your hand in the openings to unscrew and remove the bulb sockets.. To replace bulbs in the fender mounted rear light units, open the trunk and for each light assembly you will see two plastic caps. Pop off the plastic caps, remove the screws that are behind them and then pull the light assembly away from the car. Then unplug the sockets and replace the bulbs.

CBES.pdf

and the high brake lights are here:

Billy, did I give you permission to use my photos and show my gnarled and wriggled old hand? :whistles:

no................... I come as a thief in the night............. hehehe..

I think the door autolock feature may be an option on the JDM version so it may be a hidden option.Mine is a 1994 JDM model and the doors automatically lock when the car's speed reaches 20mph.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the door autolock feature may be an option on the JDM version so it may be a hidden option.Mine is a 1994 JDM model and the doors automatically lock when the car's speed reaches 20mph.

Thank you Steve; the doors don't lock, but I drove a 2006 Camry V6 XLE whose doors did lock when I put the car in gear, I miss that feature especially since I drive my 2 year old grandson around sometimes and have to remember to lock all doors! I guess I was hoping that it did have the feature is why I asked. Thank you again.

I'm not aware that the doors can be made to lock automatically when the car is shifted into gear. Is yours doing this? Attached is a list of all the settings that can be customized by a dealer or repair shop with a handheld scanner and the correct program card.

One of the biggest repairers of Lexus radios happens to be in Florida: http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexusLS400str1.htm

Or maybe forum member dcfish will reply with ideas.

Yes, the rear light bulbs are easily replaced. The ones in the trunk lid are replaced by opening the little flaps secured by velcro and sticking your hand in the openings to unscrew and remove the bulb sockets.. To replace bulbs in the fender mounted rear light units, open the trunk and for each light assembly you will see two plastic caps. Pop off the plastic caps, remove the screws that are behind them and then pull the light assembly away from the car. Then unplug the sockets and replace the bulbs.

Thank you for the link; I've checked it out and it's a good one. The tail lamp I'm referring to is mounted in the back window, not the trunk area.