Front Windshiled Replacement For 2004 -Rx330

Uma_S

Hi All

My 2004 RX330's front windshield got smacked in my son's school parking lot by a baseball. I am debating on if I should take it to the dealer or work with the glass guy recommended by the Insurance company. I have COSTCO Amex insurance.

Shall I ask for OEM only from the glass guy recommended by the Insurance company or take it to the dealer? Can any one recommended some one in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Will your insurance cover the cost of an OEM replacement? If so, then go OEM. If you don't specify they'll probably try to replace it with an aftermarket brand due to the cost savings.

An OEM windshield is in the $1500 range while an aftermarket windshield is in the $300 range. In my experience the aftermarket brands have waviness and don't clean as easily with the wipers...

Thanks for your reply, Sir.

My deductible is $500.00 and yes, I already have asked for OEM replacement only from my Insurance company earlier today for which I was told, that they have to get an approval. B)

What ever, I now want only OEM replacement!!

Thanks again.

Will your insurance cover the cost of an OEM replacement? If so, then go OEM. If you don't specify they'll probably try to replace it with an aftermarket brand due to the cost savings.

An OEM windshield is in the $1500 range while an aftermarket windshield is in the $300 range. In my experience the aftermarket brands have waviness and don't clean as easily with the wipers...

============================================================

Thanks for your reply, Sir.

My deductible is $500.00 and yes, I already have asked for OEM replacement only from my Insurance company earlier today for which I was told, that they have to get an approval. B)

What ever, I now want only OEM replacement!!

Thanks again.