2008 Rx 350 Hitch Plug Location

I just recently purchased a 2008 RX 350 in Canada and want to install a hitch. I joined the club and read the posts on hitches and have been able to find a Toyota dealer in the U.S. that will ship the Highlander hitch (PT228-69045) to Canada for about $150 less than the Lexus or Toyota dealers are charging here.

My only problem is that before I ordered the hitch I wanted to see if I had the pre-wired plug for the hitch connector. I looked at the instructions on this forum for dismantling the complete back floor to find the connector for the hitch plug. I started to do that on my RX 350 and after I took out the jack tray I noticed a white connector plug identical to the one on the pictures in this forum on the driver's side. Could this be the hitch plug? It seems much too easy, especially based upon the written instructions given. I don't have the hitch yet so I can't tell if it is the right plug but can anyone comment on the location of my plug?

I just recently purchased a 2008 RX 350 in Canada and want to install a hitch. I joined the club and read the posts on hitches and have been able to find a Toyota dealer in the U.S. that will ship the Highlander hitch (PT228-69045) to Canada for about $150 less than the Lexus or Toyota dealers are charging here.

My only problem is that before I ordered the hitch I wanted to see if I had the pre-wired plug for the hitch connector. I looked at the instructions on this forum for dismantling the complete back floor to find the connector for the hitch plug. I started to do that on my RX 350 and after I took out the jack tray I noticed a white connector plug identical to the one on the pictures in this forum on the driver's side. Could this be the hitch plug? It seems much too easy, especially based upon the written instructions given. I don't have the hitch yet so I can't tell if it is the right plug but can anyone comment on the location of my plug?

Hard to say without pictures of your own.

Your best bet may be to check your VIN number with a dealer to find out if your vehicle came with the tow package.

Thanks for the response. I ordered the hitch today and when it gets here I will check it out to see whether the plug that is readily accessible on my RX is the right one. If so I will post pictures as it sure is a lot easier to just remove the jack tray to get at the plug rather than the whole back floor.