Window Controls

The windows have to be initialized if the battery is disconnected or if the window controls are disconnected. Go to each window control at each door and run it all the way down then up. The driver door controls should then work normally.

The windows have to be initialized if the battery is disconnected or if the window controls are disconnected. Go to each window control at each door and run it all the way down then up. The driver door controls should then work normally.

Based on his post about the locks also not working I am not sure that this will work. It's been a long time since I have had to do it but if I remember correctly the locks ail continue to work. But this was the first thing I thought as well.

Get this I know someone who has a rx330 and they had the battery changed and all of the windows stopped working so they took the car back to jiffy lube where the battery was changed. Jiffy Lube sent the car to the Gemini Service center who diagnosed all the window modulators bad. They said they were going to charge like $1400. Anyway I knew this person and when they told me about it I told them the little trick above and they all worked fine. Give it a shot but like I said to my knowledge your locks should still work but I may be wrong. :cheers::cheers:

Can these functions be controlled if you use the switches on each door's own panel? Can the drivers window and lock be controlled via the panel on the drivers door?

What about the lock switch on the front passenger door, does that work?

Can these functions be controlled if you use the switches on each door's own panel? Can the drivers window and lock be controlled via the panel on the drivers door?

What about the lock switch on the front passenger door, does that work?

Yes, the switches function on each door's panel. And, the front passenger door lock switch also functions.

But, no, the drivers lock switch does not function -cannot lock any doors.

L

Probably a loose connection within the drivers control panel. Any chance your RX is still under warranty?

Actually, yes. I purchased it used with a warranty.

I am assuming it needs to be taken in based on your response.

L

Yeah, i would definitely have Lexus take a look... If it's something simple they probably won't charge you, and if it's something more complicated they'll replace the broken part free of charge. <_<