Horrible Noise With Rear Window Down?

rasguy1

Hi folks - first post here.

I have a 2004 RX 330 that I am VERY happy with, however, I came across a very strange issue this weekend.

My dog loves to go for rides in the truck - we had a LandRover before the Lexus and she learned how cool it was to hang her head out the window (10 YO Chocolate Lab).....but I digress.......

I just bought the 330 and took the dog out for a ride this weekend as the weather in NJ has been to cold too put the windows down.

Ok - here is the issue : When I drive the RX with ONE rear window down I hear a deafening thumping sound in the cabin (vacuum? cabin pressure problem?). If I open a front window in addition the the rear it goes away, it happens with either rear door window and at speeds > 35MPH.

The Dealer told me that this is a know issue with no resolution...does anyone have the same problem? Any fixes?

Loving the Lexus in every other way.

Thanks

R

How odd. I'd try this out in mine to see if I find the same problem (wondering if perhaps your ears are popping), but damned if I'm allowing my pooch to ride (shed) in my 330.

Do hope, for both our sakes, that its an ear/cabin pressure thing, not any sort of mechanical/electrical issue.

300gone330

Your Lexus is acting like a high volume low frequency whistle.

If you could open a rear window like I could on my 68 Ford station wagon, or like the Chrysler minvans, then the pressure wave that you're hearing wouldn't reflect from the rear of the car.

Fundamental physics, SOP, sorry.