62% Want 60Mpg-2025!

pj8708

Well of course, with gas at $4.31 a gallon why would I want anything else...However I dont want a two seat armchair with wheels...

See, I have a problem with government mandating. It's actually part of the problem. If people stop buying Escalades and start buying Versa's then the Escalades go away on thier own. We don't need the government regulating this. Don't they have real problems to focus on? This is stupid.

See, I have a problem with government mandating. It's actually part of the problem. If people stop buying Escalades and start buying Versa's then the Escalades go away on thier own. We don't need the government regulating this. Don't they have real problems to focus on? This is stupid.

Could not agree more with this! :cheers:

Given the position of automakers in the beginning, that higher mileage couldn't be done as well as less polluting autos. And the current position that better mileage can't be done, would we have gotten this far without mandates?

Paul

Given the position of automakers in the beginning, that higher mileage couldn't be done as well as less polluting autos. And the current position that better mileage can't be done, would we have gotten this far without mandates?

Paul

So you think the government mandates they established so far have helped anything?

Paul

So you think the government mandates they established so far have helped anything?

Well, if your going where I think your going, then sometimes I believe a measure that brings about change for the common good against someone or something that is harmful to all is necessary. i.e. anti air pollution, unleaded gasoline. On the other hand, trying to legislate all of ones personal behavior, such as must drive a hybrid, no way.