Please Help!

Hello lexus world,

i just brought a 1999 es300 and it runs really smooth I had it for a week now and my check engine and trac off light just came on this morning. Like i said it runs really smooth and it dosent seem that the transmision is haveing any problems switching gears. Im going to take it to the Auto Zone by my house today and see what codes comes up when they run the test on it. I will post the codes later but if there is any one who had the same problem and knows the easy way to fix this Please let me kno Email me or just reply thanks lexus world

I think the "check engine" and "trac off" lights come on together on most Lexus cars. But it is pretty difficult to try and figure out what it causing them to turn on without knowing the stored diagnostic codes. Did you figure out what these were?

i went to Auto Zone and these are the codes that printed out P0125, P1130, P1135, P1354, P0171...If any one had these codes before or kno how to fix these problems please reply or email me lavogueb@yahoo.com i want to fix my lexus the right way thx Lexus World

Hello Lexus World

i recently just brought a 1999 Lexus es300 and i love it. i have 130 miles on it and it runs like a champ the only issue is a week ago my check engine and Trac off light came on i took it to Auto zone to have a test and these are the codes that printed out P0125, P1130, P1135, P1354, P0171. Please if this has happened to you and you know the parts i need or what exactly what is needed to be done PLEASE HELP!!!! Reply or Email lavogueb@yahoo.com

Thx Lexus World

Well the first thing to check is for the Gas cap gasket, then clean the MAF sensor, and reset the codes and see what pops up..Suspect you have a bad Air/fuel sensor down on the exhaust

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge/index.php?page=index_v2&id=152&c=11

BB,

Sorry for your code mess. Firstly, these like the vast majority of codes, indicate problems in the emissions control system and are rarely dangerous. The first one indicates low coolant temp, not sure what that means, the 130/135/171 array I'm familiar with and relates to the rear oxygen or air fuel sensor (o2 was changed to af sensor around 99 or '00, and it's the one between the engine and firewall), probably a failure of the sensor leading to lean condition on that bank of cylinders (0171). Trac off is common w/ these types of codes, but I never heard a good explanation as to why. You can spend from $50-200 for an AF sensor, and unless your a good wrencher, it's difficult to get to.

not sure what the 1354 is, can't find it in the list of dtc's, are the numbers right?

BTW, what did AZ try to sell you based on those codes?

LL

P0171 leads to the gas cap or vacuum problem. Also causes the maf to missread....These are just easy things to eliminate...

P0171 leads to the gas cap or vacuum problem. Also causes the maf to missread....These are just easy things to eliminate...

LL,

no problem. they guy at AZ didnt say or offer any parts he just asked if my AC is running good i guess he asked that because of the coolant temp and it is good . so u think it could be my AF sencer and thats not a bad price is that just for the part and labor or just the part. u think i need a dionostic test done. i wuz gonna get another oil change the dealer where i got it from did one but i dont trust there sticker they might just have put that in the car u kno. thanks for listing the prices because i dont work on cars at all and i dont want to get ripped off

Berry B

the air / fuel sensor on Amazon is around $100...for the Denso original equipment which I suggest you use...