Frozen Touch Screen On Is 250. Help!

My touch screen froze on my IS 250. Does anyone know how to unfreeze it or have a replacement part for less than the crazy dealership price? Help pleaseeee :)

• 1 month later...

My touch screen froze on my IS 250. Does anyone know how to unfreeze it or have a replacement part for less than the crazy dealership price? Help pleaseeee :)

I just posted a fix for this on the forum. Did you get it fixed too? If so how?

I just posted a fix for this on the forum. Did you get it fixed too? If so how?

Jacon, I have the same problem with my touch screen. Can you please re-post your fix? Thanks,

I have the same problem. Touch screen froze. Everything else works. Did you find out the solution?

If so, can you email it to me at sdoucette@sbcgobal.net?

I have the same problem. Touch screen froze. Everything else works. Did you find out the solution?

I took my car to the dealership, who initially quoted $1692k just for the part. I mentioned this forum and the fact that I found 45 complaints, regarding this issue, between this site and another Lexus forum site. I also mentioned that there was talk of a class action (on the other site) because there were so many complaints from owners of 2006-2008 IS and ES owners with <60k miles on their cars. The dealership offered to pay for 75% of the quoted price of the part. I walked out of the dealership with a brand new touch screen for $460. Still stings, but not as much as it could have. Also, anyone with this issue be advised that the screen itself and the nav system are two separate parts. Dealerships may try to convince you that you need a whole new nav system, most likely not the case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...