Seat Cool/heat Questions

babyduke

When I turn on the seat cooler, I only feel the cool air coming out from the seat cushion not the backrest. Is this normal?

Yes. Compared to other makes, the Lexus provides only a modicum of cooling, and the lower back of the upright seat does not provide the fan vent.

Yes. Compared to other makes, the Lexus provides only a modicum of cooling, and the lower back of the upright seat does not provide the fan vent.

Keep in mind that Lexus advertises that the seats are "ventilated" not "cooled". I'm not certain I would want actual cold air from the A/C unit blowing on my bottom.

Keep in mind that Lexus advertises that the seats are "ventilated" not "cooled". I'm not certain I would want actual cold air from the A/C unit blowing on my bottom.

Your so right Django, but on a hot August day, the ventilated seats in our S80 Volvo cool you down so quickly and thoroughly, it makes you wonder if the same feature in my ES350 is even on.

This is simply not a strong point for the ES, and is offset by the excellent heated seat feature.

• 3 months later...

Picked up a new ES350 yesterday and the salesman stated the back of the seats are ventilated too, I could not feel any difference when they were on or off?

my understand is that the blowers are just in the seat bottom

any cooling that takes pace in the seat back would be ambient air flow from the seat bottom blowers, but not really designed for the purpose of cooling the seat back