Looking For An Html Maybe To Change My 91 Ls400 Enging Plz!

ghoody27

I've been on Lexus forms for over 8 years and I don't think I've ever seen instructions or a link to instructions on how to swap an engine.

I've removed/rebuilt/reinstalled engines/transmissions in other cars (e.g. Mercedes) and doubt if it would be much different for an LS400.

Disconnect all wiring and hoses.

Disconnect the drive shaft from the transmission.

Disconnect the transmission shift linkage.

Disconnect accellerator pedal linkage.

Remove the radiator if needed for clearance.

Remove the hood if necessary for clearance.

Disconnect the engine and transmission mounts from the car structure.

Lift the engine/transmission unit out of the car with an engine hoist.

Yes, I'm probably oversimplifying it. It's mainly a matter of seeing what has to be removed/disconnected before an engine can be lifted out.

I've been on Lexus forms for over 8 years and I don't think I've ever seen instructions or a link to instructions on how to swap an engine.

I've removed/rebuilt/reinstalled engines/transmissions in other cars (e.g. Mercedes) and doubt if it would be much different for an LS400.

Disconnect all wiring and hoses.

Disconnect the drive shaft from the transmission.

Disconnect the transmission shift linkage.

Disconnect accellerator pedal linkage.

Remove the radiator if needed for clearance.

Remove the hood if necessary for clearance.

Disconnect the engine and transmission mounts from the car structure.

Lift the engine/transmission unit out of the car with an engine hoist.

Yes, I'm probably oversimplifying it. It's mainly a matter of seeing what has to be removed/disconnected before an engine can be lifted out.

Jim, you truly are a Renisance man!

Yes he is. He used to look like Gene Wilder! What happened, Kansas? :whistles: :lol:

I've been called a lot worse. Much, much worse.

No, I looked like Froderick (get it? :rolleyes: ) Frankenstein.

I've long retired from doing major work on cars but I was always amazed after putting an engine back into a car that it started and ran ... and that I never had to use a fire extinguisher which I always held when a rebuilt engine was started for the first time.

My car has 300,000 miles on her and i bought and engine thats only a babu and tryim to find a syep by step on how to swap out the engine thanx so much!

i thank uer origanal post wuz so wurded that it didn't seam a saerioos reqeest.

But if it was a serious request you could go to this website and join for 24 hours and download the factory original service manual.

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/appmanager/t3/ti;TISESSIONID=wTkcHjYVwZCTmy1LKQpXF8MWbb5p7dT21ByK2vg76xnwLLG9CWg6

Yes he is. He used to look like Gene Wilder! What happened, Kansas? :whistles: :lol:

I've been called a lot worse. Much, much worse.

No, I looked like Froderick (get it? :rolleyes: ) Frankenstein.

I've long retired from doing major work on cars but I was always amazed after putting an engine back into a car that it started and ran ... and that I never had to use a fire extinguisher which I always held when a rebuilt engine was started for the first time.

"You must be Igor". "No, it's "eyegor". (get it?)