Horrible Ac Mode Change Noise

brokerlexus

Some time ago I would hear a horribly loud buzz, vibration noise that was at first intermitent with the air conditioner on. I found by changing the airflow option mode (front, front/lower, front/defrost etc.) that I could eliminate the noise by chaning modes. This worked for a while and then started on a different mode. This weekend I tried to use my old trick but this time the airflow does not seem to change even though the mode does. Can anyone please help me with this torture??? Thanks so much! mb

• 2 months later...

Did you ever resolve this issue? My wife's is doing the same thing...I am following several posts in various places that lead me to the (?) servo that controls the mode or direction/flow of air...

Bill

Some time ago I would hear a horribly loud buzz, vibration noise that was at first intermitent with the air conditioner on. I found by changing the airflow option mode (front, front/lower, front/defrost etc.) that I could eliminate the noise by chaning modes. This worked for a while and then started on a different mode. This weekend I tried to use my old trick but this time the airflow does not seem to change even though the mode does. Can anyone please help me with this torture??? Thanks so much! mb