Has Anyone Here Ever Changed A Starter In A Sc400?

Phishphanatic

• 5 months later...

If your battery cable is only bad near the battery end than I suggest that you make a repair or splice that that end. The starter motor is definitly under the intake manifold. If you have to replace the entire battery cable than I suggest you have someone that has done this repair before to give you advise. If you decide to do this yourself I strongly suggest that before you disconnect the first vacum line go through and tag every vacum hose with masking tape and the end it came from and write numbers on them or you will have a disaster on your hands trying to figure out where they came from originally. Also it is highly suggested by Lexus to replace the metal water pipe that is also under the intkae manifold as well. What a stupid way to run a water line from one end of the engine to the other. I didn't perform this repair but I observed the mechanic that did it. I never heard so much complaining in my life.

If your battery cable is only bad near the battery end than I suggest that you make a repair or splice that that end. The starter motor is definitly under the intake manifold. If you have to replace the entire battery cable than I suggest you have someone that has done this repair before to give you advise. If you decide to do this yourself I strongly suggest that before you disconnect the first vacum line go through and tag every vacum hose with masking tape and the end it came from and write numbers on them or you will have a disaster on your hands trying to figure out where they came from originally. Also it is highly suggested by Lexus to replace the metal water pipe that is also under the intkae manifold as well. What a stupid way to run a water line from one end of the engine to the other. I didn't perform this repair but I observed the mechanic that did it. I never heard so much complaining in my life.

The post is now over 5 months old so I guess it's either repaired or scrapped by now.