"y" Pipe 1998 Ls

Gumart1

Can anyone recommend a source for a replacement Y pipe, other than the Dealer? The part is very expensive, I assume even at

discount places like Park Place. If someone has a part# I would appreciate it.

I haven't found a muffler shop that has an aftermarket version. I have over 300k

miles on my '98 and the pipe is leaking in multiple areas.

a used one is an option off a 98-00, but who knows how long that would last?

Hi, I wound up purchasing my Y pipe from Lexus of Pembroke Pines. (I found them through this forum a few years ago). They give a good discount (through the internet)plus no tax when shipped to me in NY a couple of years back. BUT the shipping was more expensive than other items I've bought from them due to the length of the pipe. I didn't look hard for an aftermarket pipr as I was told it was a dealer item. Good hunting and here's their link:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214082&catalogid=0

Thanks Mike. I'm curious what your labor cost was, or did you replace it yourself?

I'm not a mechanic. BUT, I went back to the file and it took my mechanic 1.5 hours. I paid $360 or so plus $100+ for shipping on the front pipe in Feb 09. I just went back to the site and it's gone up in price. Good luck.