Rear Power Window Problems

My rear power window will not go down and the switch light is blinking. When I try to push the button for it to go down I just hear a click sound. Does anybody know what this problem could be? Thanks

Loriab,

Which switch are you using, driver's switch assembly, or rear door switch? If the driver's, did you try the switch on the rear door? Did it make any difference in the result? If the rear door switch operates the window, then your driver's switch assembly has a problem. If neither one makes the window move, you have a problem elsewhere.

I suspect that since you hear a click when you press the switch, that the switch is fine, but that there may be a problem with the window amplifier, the window motor or their wiring. You could have a broken wire in the door hinge area gaiter (corrigated rubber tube the wiring passes through), a corroded connection on the motor, or the motor may be seized.

The only way to determine the problem is to systematically chase down each of the possibilities, and that's best done by a service tech or someone familiar with car electrical systems, as most of the diagnosis has to be done inside the door itself. Good Luck!

Loriab,

Which switch are you using, driver's switch assembly, or rear door switch? If the driver's, did you try the switch on the rear door? Did it make any difference in the result? If the rear door switch operates the window, then your driver's switch assembly has a problem. If neither one makes the window move, you have a problem elsewhere.

I suspect that since you hear a click when you press the switch, that the switch is fine, but that there may be a problem with the window amplifier, the window motor or their wiring. You could have a broken wire in the door hinge area gaiter (corrigated rubber tube the wiring passes through), a corroded connection on the motor, or the motor may be seized.

The only way to determine the problem is to systematically chase down each of the possibilities, and that's best done by a service tech or someone familiar with car electrical systems, as most of the diagnosis has to be done inside the door itself. Good Luck!

I am using both seiches and neither one will open the window. I just hear a clicking when I push the switch down. The rear window switch starts blinking also. Any suggestions? Thank you!