Buy Now!?

pj8708

After reading several excerpts regarding the coming auto price hikes this month, I wondered if there was any way to check this out.

I was at a Lexus dealer yesterday and I took a spin around the showroom floor. There was a 2011 ES350 in a shade of dark blue that was new to me. As I looked the car over, and read the sticker, I noticed a separate price sticker to the side of the factory one. It read Rear-view Mirror Navigation $****.(I can't remember the price). , plus dealer added chrome wheels. What? Has anyone ever heard of a brand new Lexus being sold with a rear-view mirror nav. unit? Tacky IMO. The thing I do remember was that the Rear-view Mirror Navigation accessory brought the total price of the car to $42.800. Almost exactly what I paid for my 2010 ES last September which had FACTORY nav.

After asking around, IMHO, what is happening is exactly what the press has been saying. Inventory is tightening and to get cars with the features people want the dealers are having to get inventive. With Honda, Nissan, and Toyota dealing with shortages and now USA manf. also facing some parts shortages, prices will climb throughout the summer.

Should you buy now? If you want to get the features you want, you may already be too late. Start now since you can't order one . "He who hesitates is lost".

Paul

That's pretty interesting- i had no idea the parts shortages affected the ES as well. Aren't the nav systems for the 2011 the same as 2010? You'd think they'd already bave a lifetime supply of those parts made already...

I do know however know parts for the CT are on short supply. Last week i ordered parts for the CT200h at my dealer, a pair of the passenger door hybrid badges (i'm gonna put them on my Rx400h) and i was told they were on "back order". They're supposed to come in on Friday, that's about 9 days after i ordered them. Never had that happen before!

That's pretty interesting- i had no idea the parts shortages affected the ES as well. Aren't the nav systems for the 2011 the same as 2010? You'd think they'd already bave a lifetime supply of those parts made already...

I do know however know parts for the CT are on short supply. Last week i ordered parts for the CT200h at my dealer, a pair of the passenger door hybrid badges (i'm gonna put them on my Rx400h) and i was told they were on "back order". They're supposed to come in on Friday, that's about 9 days after i ordered them. Never had that happen before!

Have you or your friends noticed any movement in prices, specifically upward, on new Lexus inventory?

I'm not sure if new Lexus prices have gone up, but i've noticed that used Lexus prices has been! Every once and a while i search on Autotrader for use Rx400h's, and in the past month i've seen some 2008's in the $40,000 range! I haven't seen that in a VERY long time...