Road Noise, Grinding, And Brake Jolt...

I picked up a 2004 Lexus GX470 over the weekend with 109,500+ miles on it. So far, there is a quite a bit of road noise coming from the back. I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this as well....and there is also a grinding noise which the car makes when turning right at a slow pace. Also, I noticed there was a bit jolt when the car comes to a stop sometimes, which another friend of mine said there was also.

I looked up these issues and noticed some people saying the same thing and some don't have them at all....but I just wanted to get everyone's input on what I should do about these issues...

I would call the Lexus Dealership and ask if the TSB for the driveline clunk has been performed.

Push for them to do it if they don't have records that they can show you that it was done. Your vin# should be able to pull those records from the dealership.

Fix that first because it is a factory recall that LEXUS will fix for free even if you are out of warranty.

Here is a 21 page thread on the drive line clunk http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29288&st=0

Good luck!