I am looking for a new ls460. No dealers in my whole State have on in stock. QI tried a dealer search on Edmunds to find there are none. Anyone know if their local dealer has any inventory?

Thnx

Did they say if this situation is a result of production loss due to the Japan earthquake?

Paul

Thnx everyone who replied. First the garages showing inventory on autotrader & cars etc don't have any stock in spite of the listings. I actually did find one in stock but it was gone the next day!

Obviously the dealers have sold their inventory & have had no shipments from Japan. I could order one & then take my chance on when I would get it. My local dealer who I have always bought from doesn't want to do this & I appreciate that. There is no word of when shipments will start again.

Of course my dealer is anxious to get his hands on mine since he has no used inventory either & mine is 3 yours old this month with just 20K on the clock. My best deal of course is him with loyalty bonus + knowing the car since I bought it new from them. Lexus of Seattle they are & part of the Kuhn group I think.

Unfortunately for them I have started to look around for alternatives since the prices are all going up with shortage of cars. Their saving grace is there is nothing comes close to the LS460 for the money. The Mercedes compares but is well over $100k. Caddy to get the size is the DTS which is ugly Lincoln don't have a comparable model & Audi with the A8 which is a beaut BTW is also $100k +

Considering the LS460 with AWD & everything is just over $80k no wonder they sell them as fast as they get them. My Sales guy says around 1000 LS460 per month is the U.S. sales figures. Thats a lot of cars there's not that many dealers.

Anyway thanx for the interest. Might post my progress.

I am looking for a new ls460. No dealers in my whole State have on in stock. QI tried a dealer search on Edmunds to find there are none. Anyone know if their local dealer has any inventory?

Thnx

Are you looking for a particular color or options?

Paul

The sales figures are more than 1k per month. In 2007 they sold 35,226 LS460s, its down in '08 and '09 to 20.255 and 11,335 due to the recession. 2009 sales figures were the worst for the LS ever in its history, but on average I'd say US sales figures average out to 2k units per month. $2.5k maybe.