95 Ls400 Fuel Filter Where Is It?

srgilbert

it is located under the car between then the bottom of the car and center of rear differential, youhave to lift the car in order to get to it. you better paying mechanic 20$ to change it then doing it yourself.

Hey - I'll try anythig once. I hate to pay $100 per hour to put in a $15 filter. How to I get access to it? DO I have to take off the left rear wheel? I looked under the car and tried to follow the fuel line but I could not find the filter.

Thanks

its in the middle of the rear differential you cannot access it if the car is not lifted, go to any mechanic and they will change it for 20$. you have to lift the car to access it and when the car is lifted whole rear setup will get lower so you will have some space to access it. otherwise you will not have enuff space to put your hand inthere and a lot of fuel will spill in your face when you will start removing it. when you are lying under the car you have nowhere to hide your face while if you standing under the lifted car you can make a step aside to avoid the fuel drop.

Does anybody know the recommended interval on changing this fuel filter?

There is anecdotal evidence that changing the fuel filter about every 50,000 miles can extend fuel injector and fuel pump life out to 400,000 miles or more. Also, the owners manuals of LS 400's sold in other countries specify fuel filter replacement every 48-60,000 miles.

Owners who never change the fuel filter seem to end up with costly fuel system problems at between 150-250,000 miles.