Spring Cleanup 2011

ArmyofOne

I wont bother you with the before pix, but I will throw up the results of a very hard day.

Step 1: Wash with Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo

Step 2: Clay with Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay kit (Did not need a very aggressive clay)

Step 3: Wash again with Shampoo

Step 4: Polish with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound

Step 5: Glaze with Meguiar's #7 Show Car Mirror Glaze

Step 6: Seal with JetSeal 109

Step 7: Wax with Meguiar's #26 Yellow Carnuba Wax

100_1127_Large_.JPG

^the prep

100_1128_Large_.JPG

100_1130_Large_.JPG

100_1131_Large_.JPG

100_1134_Large_.JPG

100_1133_Large_.JPG

100_1136_Large_.JPG

100_1135_Large_.JPG

I wont bother you with the before pix, but I will throw up the results of a very hard day.

Step 1: Wash with Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo

Step 2: Clay with Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay kit (Did not need a very aggressive clay)

Step 3: Wash again with Shampoo

Step 4: Polish with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound

Step 5: Glaze with Meguiar's #7 Show Car Mirror Glaze

Step 6: Seal with JetSeal 109

Step 7: Wax with Meguiar's #26 Yellow Carnuba Wax

100_1127_Large_.JPG

^the prep

100_1128_Large_.JPG

100_1130_Large_.JPG

100_1131_Large_.JPG

100_1134_Large_.JPG

100_1133_Large_.JPG

100_1136_Large_.JPG

100_1135_Large_.JPG

A real work of skill and love. Nicely done!

Paul

Looks nice!

Army, how did you settle for that brand of clay bar? I tried one once (don't remember the name) and it didn't work for me. :cries:

Looks good Army. Can I ask what the real world gas mileage your getting? what engine do you have? Any troubles?

No troubles, Getting 17 city, 22 hwy with a light foot. heavy foot is 11/20. Engine is the 4.7L Powertech, 310HP/330ft-lbs.

Yeah, that's not bad at all! I'm actually hopeful for Dodge. I would love the idea of Dodge emerging from the ashes of Detroit as the new leader in american made autos. I like what they have done with the new Durango, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and although I haven't been up close on the 300 yet, it looks like it's going that way also. Even though these are still ancient chassis now and I would still give them a few more years to develop all new models under Fiat and see how the quality holds up, I have to say that for the first time since the introduction of the new Ram, I like the new look, but even more importantly, the interior is starting to come together as well, the suspension upgrades are well past due, but atleast it's there now. I would bet in the next couple years Fiat will introduce all new engine platforms too. FINALLY!!! HOPE!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Good choice on the 4.7 liter btw.

Yah, I am loving it. I avg 18mpg on my commute if I keep my foot out of it. If you have alot of short distance stop sign driving on your commute, forget it, it drops almost immediately to 11-13. but in steady city traffic, outside of downtown where the lights are farther apart, you are looking at around 16-18. thats really quite good for a rig weighing in at 5,520 lbs.

Yah, I am loving it. I avg 18mpg on my commute if I keep my foot out of it. If you have alot of short distance stop sign driving on your commute, forget it, it drops almost immediately to 11-13. but in steady city traffic, outside of downtown where the lights are farther apart, you are looking at around 16-18. thats really quite good for a rig weighing in at 5,520 lbs.

Well, I'm sure the Diablo chip has something to do with that also.......LOL!!

Well, I'm sure the Diablo chip has something to do with that also.......LOL!!

No, the diablochip is performance tuned. I put it on stock tune to get best mileage.