Headlight Washer Pump

showster

According the the attached diagram it's plugged into the outboard side of the washer fluid tank. The pumps for the windshield and rear window washers are also plugged into the tank so I'll post a diagram of those too. Most Toyota/Lexus washer pumps and tanks are replaced through the wheel well but I'm kind of remembering somebody having to remove the bumper cover on his RX ... but he may have had to replace the tank rather than plugging in a new pump.

post-2157-0-76760300-1304198742_thumb.jp

post-2157-0-74312700-1304198856_thumb.jp

According the the attached diagram it's plugged into the outboard side of the washer fluid tank. The pumps for the windshield and rear window washers are also plugged into the tank so I'll post a diagram of those too. Most Toyota/Lexus washer pumps and tanks are replaced through the wheel well but I'm kind of remembering somebody having to remove the bumper cover on his RX ... but he may have had to replace the tank rather than plugging in a new pump.

Jim you sure are one resourceful guy! :cheers:

Jim you sure are one resourceful guy! :cheers:

Exactly what I told him today!!! Where do you find all this obscure info? Ouija Board?

If you look through the small grilled opening in the lower passenger side of the bumper you can see the pump and washer bottle right there. I think maybe that's why these things fail (mine is due to be replaced next week under the extended care warranty) so often - they get water and salt spray and dirt and debris tossed at them through the opening.