Intermittent Start Up Issues.

lexlslove

My car is having an issue where it will not start sometimes. I usually have no trouble when it's from a cold start. But SOMETIMES after a little drive my car will have no power. My alarm will not disengage. When I enter manually there will be no power when I turn the key. Usually after a little while it'll start back up but it seems like its taking longer for it to start back up.

Any help would be appreciated.

So when this problem happens there is no electrical power at all,no dash lights or anything? Do the headlights work?

If not I would be looking for a poor battery connection to start with then trace the fault possibly to the main engine relay.

So when this problem happens there is no electrical power at all,no dash lights or anything? Do the headlights work?

If not I would be looking for a poor battery connection to start with then trace the fault possibly to the main engine relay.

Yeah no dash no nothing... I've checked the battery and everything is secure. I'll look into the main engine relay. I dont know if this helps but I recently had to have my car's computer replaced due to only half of the pistons working.

Also it seems to happen more after some driving and will eventually start again after a little bit of waiting...

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at the fuses and relays in the engine bay and they all looked like the could use some electrical grease. I applied some to all of them. Could this have been the issue? Any other possibilities? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.