Battery Good-Still Won't Crank 93 Gs 300

Verified my battery is good and car will not crank. Can hear fuel pump when I turn the key. One thing I noticed is when I turn the key all the way to start it, some of my instament panel lights go out and my clock goes out. Come back on when i bring the key back to normal position.

I chekced all the fuses and relays an nothing blown. Looked at all the wiring I could see and don't see anything burned up. Was thinking there might be a short somewhere. Never had any problems until we received about 6 inches of rain in the last 2 days. Car was never exposed to standing water. Any thoughts?? Probably should check the wiring for the starter but it looks a little tight getting to it.

Sounds like a bad connection someplace - chassis ground, battery terminals, starter motor cables. Turn on the headlights - should be bright white and then crank it. If it's worse, bad connection. Or the starter is drawing huge current, which I doubt.