Hello everyone. I wanted to say thanks for the helpful tips here. I am picking up a 2008 RX400h tomorrow morning. I am trading my 2007 Chevrolet 2500 Z71 Crew Cab diesel. We had a travel trailer and decided that the camper wasn't worth it anymore so we then didn't need the truck anymore.

Anyways, I am pretty pumped up. My soon to be 400h has 49,700 miles on it. It comes with the 3 yr/100,000 warranty. It has the navigation package. I negotiated the IPOD interface into the deal. I am excited to have the increased gas mileage, excited to be able to not have to drive to the top of parking ramps to park, and excited to be able to hook up my little trailer if I need to run to Home Depot to pick up a few sheets of plywood or haul my atv around. I have had a truck for over 10 years so it is a little scary thinking about not having it. I have plenty of friends that have trucks if I need to borrow one though.

Here is a picture of my vehicle:

2213648387.jpg

Your posts on this site were very helpful in deciding to go with the Lexus. Everyone here should get a cut of the commission for the sale. :cheers:

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

First off, what do you call your RX400h, a car, a truck? When you say,"Hey kids, go get in the ?????." Not that it is a big deal, just wondering. I guess I will say go get in the Lexus.

Anyways, after driving for 24 hours I am really liking it. Lots of power. Even after driving the big diesel for 2 years. I like the bluetooth/speaker phone.

Please don't take this negatively, these are somethings that are taking some getting used to:

I had the IPOD cord installed. Not impressed with functional features to use the IPOD on the screen. Options here?

Navigation - My disc is version 9, is that the most current update? It was supposed to come up to date. The two things I tried to find were unfound. I had to use my gps on my phone to get where I needed to. I am really thinking of getting one of the updates that allow you to use the navigation as you travel. Will that come with an option to have better IPOD control?

I was surprised there wasn't a connection for mp3 players. I didn't even think to ask. My wife's Prius has one and my Chevy truck had one. Any thoughts there? I would be nice to utilize the Pandora and other apps on my Android phone.

Gas mileage is a work in progress. Granted I am only on my first tank but I am at around 24.5. That is with a lot of highway driving.

We call ours the "Lexus", since it's the only Lexus in our household and it just doesn't sound right, saying "Take the SUV."

I can't help you with the music connections; I just burn CDs and use them in the changer. Our commutes aren't so long that we'd go through 6 CDs of music so we never looked further. Heck, my Windows 7 phone syncs directly to Zune but I still haven't used it to buy tunes. I do fully utilize the phone's seamless Outlook connection and built-in Word Excel and Powerpoint - more business and less pleasure, so to speak.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

First off, what do you call your RX400h, a car, a truck? When you say,"Hey kids, go get in the ?????." Not that it is a big deal, just wondering. I guess I will say go get in the Lexus.

Anyways, after driving for 24 hours I am really liking it. Lots of power. Even after driving the big diesel for 2 years. I like the bluetooth/speaker phone.

Please don't take this negatively, these are somethings that are taking some getting used to:

I had the IPOD cord installed. Not impressed with functional features to use the IPOD on the screen. Options here?

Navigation - My disc is version 9, is that the most current update? It was supposed to come up to date. The two things I tried to find were unfound. I had to use my gps on my phone to get where I needed to. I am really thinking of getting one of the updates that allow you to use the navigation as you travel. Will that come with an option to have better IPOD control?

I was surprised there wasn't a connection for mp3 players. I didn't even think to ask. My wife's Prius has one and my Chevy truck had one. Any thoughts there? I would be nice to utilize the Pandora and other apps on my Android phone.

Gas mileage is a work in progress. Granted I am only on my first tank but I am at around 24.5. That is with a lot of highway driving.

Response to HERSCHEY:

Welcome...I have a 2006 that I bought new 1/2006...I too had trouble a few times putting an address in...the screen would say "No such address" or whatever....anyway, I asked my dealer about this and it was a simply solution...input the city first those times when the address doesn't take. That did it for me. I love my GPS but I am not sure how different the 06 GPS is from any other year. I hope this helps. Rey in very sunny LA.

Every year (i've had Lexus' with navigation since 2005) i've told myself i was going to get the updated nav disc (new one usually comes out the end of every year) but i've never gotten one!

I'd probably wait until December when the next ones comes out... But i say this every year and never do it! :whistles:

I have upgraded my nav disk each year and now have version 10.1. The changes are not impressive, mostly outlying roads in my county that I rarely drive. And destination data that was wrong in 2007 is still wrong.

Don't expect any dramatic changes for your money.

Tom