Convex Driver's Side View Mirror

I always replace the standard, flat glass used in the US for the driver's side mirror, with a convex version used in virtually all of the rest of the world (have done this on my Saab, BMW, and Audi). Doing so virtually eliminates blind spots, and you never have to turn your head when changing lanes, as there are no longer any blind spots.

I had a difficult time finding a supplier for our Lexus RX 350; when I was in the UK they wanted over US$400 for the mirror!

However, a relatively new supplier in Japan is able to supply the mirror for around US$230; the mirror arrived in about a week in perfect condition. You pay via Paypal, so if there's any problem in delivery you can always get a refund.

The part number for a 2008 RX350 is Lexus 87906-48060. If you ask a US dealer they'll tell you you've got a bad part number, but you don't. It's just not in their system.

The company is called Amayama Trading Co. (amayama.com). Their customer rep is an Australian so there's no language problem.

Highly recommended.