1994 Ls 400 Fuel Injectors

Havoc123

Hey, does anyone know where the ground wire is on the drivers side bank of injectors? Also has anyone dealt with the trouble code #26? My 94 LS 400 has been down for 2+ years. I have been dealing with rough idle and loss of power, so much that I cant get up the driveway where I live anymore. I have had quite a few people look at the car. My car always ran great and it wasnt until I had an amplifier installed that caused my battery to go dead leaving me needing a jump start every time I had to drive it. The amplifier has been removed and I bought a new battery. I dont jump start my car anymore. The car runs now but only fires on one bank of cylinders.

If anyone can help Ide appreciate it. Thank you

Havoc 123

Hey, does anyone know where the ground wire is on the drivers side bank of injectors?

nowhere mon frère.....

From Lexus L852 Technical Manual:

..."The fuel injector circuit is usually a ground switched circuit. To turn ON the injector, the

ECM completes a path to ground. The magnetic field pulls the needle valve up against spring pressure and fuel flows out of the injector. When the ECM turns OFF the circuit, spring pressure forces the needle valve

onto its seat and shuts off fuel flow."...

Its sometimes easier to design switching circuits which switch to ground rather than switching +12 VDC. In this case the injector would have a constant voltage applied to one side of the injector and the ECU would electronically switch the other side to ground. As such you won't find a ground wire.

Hey, does anyone know where the ground wire is on the drivers side bank of injectors? Also has anyone dealt with the trouble code #26? My 94 LS 400 has been down for 2+ years. I have been dealing with rough idle and loss of power, so much that I cant get up the driveway where I live anymore. I have had quite a few people look at the car. My car always ran great and it wasnt until I had an amplifier installed that caused my battery to go dead leaving me needing a jump start every time I had to drive it. The amplifier has been removed and I bought a new battery. I dont jump start my car anymore. The car runs now but only fires on one bank of cylinders.

If anyone can help Ide appreciate it. Thank you

Havoc 123

Do you mean fuel injectors or ignition coil when you refer to "bank"?

26 - Air-fuel ratio rich malfunction.