Gs350 Radio Amp Mark Levinson Issue

Hi everyone,

I have an issue that appears to be either my 2007 Gs350 amplifier or the head unit.. IDK which is the problem or what it originates from but when I give volume over lets say 30 or 35, depending if radio or CD player working, all sound disappears and then as I bring volume down the sound appears again.. It's the first time this has happened and after about an hr of playing music fairly loud, the sound just went out and then reappeared when the volume has been lowered. I owned the car for over three yrs now and despite how loud and/or long I listen to music, this has never occured. I'm new to the forum but can anyone please advise me what this is caused by and how to go about repairing it. I couldn't find anyone with a similar issue here reading posts. All help greatly appreciated!! Thank You

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I have an issue that appears to be either my 2007 Gs350 amplifier or the head unit.. IDK which is the problem or what it originates from but when I give volume over lets say 30 or 35, depending if radio or CD player working, all sound disappears and then as I bring volume down the sound appears again.. It's the first time this has happened and after about an hr of playing music fairly loud, the sound just went out and then reappeared when the volume has been lowered. I owned the car for over three yrs now and despite how loud and/or long I listen to music, this has never occured. I'm new to the forum but can anyone please advise me what this is caused by and how to go about repairing it. I couldn't find anyone with a similar issue here reading posts. All help greatly appreciated!! Thank You

Sounds like your audio system (i.e. amp) is going to a safe mode and then restart itself. Definitely not a proper working order, I would advise you to try change the amp (located in the trunk on the right corner), but this is not a head unit 100%. Before replacing the amp, try first to disconnect it from the power for at least 5 minutes. Hope it helps.