Headlights

I see under your username that you have a 1st generation GS...

For the 1st gen GS, when you open your hood and look at the top of the headlights, you should see a black plastic cover held in place by 3 screws : 2 on top, one on the inner side. Remove this cover, and after doing so you should be able to see the harness going to the headlight housing.

The center bulb is your lowbeam, and the one closest to the center of the car is your high beam. Unplug the harness from the bulb by pressing the release clip (feel around for it). Pull out old bulb after harness is unplugged, replace with the new one. Secure it in place, and plug the harness back in.

I did everything you just explained before. The problem I'm running into is the bulb it's self. I can't get it out of the "lock position"(if thats what we can call it).

The bulb has no clip like my previous cars did. Most cars have a clip that holds the bulb tight in place, but my GS doesn't. It amost looks as if there are 2 or 3 little philliphead screws that hold it in place. I did not try taking them off because the position they sit in is very uncomfortable and they almost began to strip.

Can someone help me?

THANX AGAIN!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanx again for the help guys!

I have another question... is it possible for my fog light bulbs to be switched out as well to match my "blue" headlights?

It's on a 1st gen (93')

:o Tell me you didn't put those high wattage HID wanna be headlights on your Lexus? FYI they may melt your wiring and the plastic around them. Besides the additional power that is being wasted in running them. They usually don't last very long either. If you want to do it the right way and actually get reall HID's that are brighter, cooler, and draw less power. Get the Phillips or Catz HID kits. They are about $300 but worth every penny. Especially if you have to replace wiring or your headlights because of heat damage :D

Some replacement lights are just "whiter light" color and use a bit more wattage. I have the upgrade lights from Sylvania that are 4000k colored, and only run +10W more than stock (max). They are great lights and when aimed correctly are no more obnoxious than stock or HID (which normally are installed with level adjusters and are capable of of much sharper beam focus. They don't seem to be hotter or more likely to melt wires, etc.

9005 65 W 1700 Lumens HiBeams

9006 55W 1100 Lumens LoBeams

H3 55W 1310 Lumens Fog/Driving

If you run 100W lights, off road lights, etc. then you could be victim of overheating and blinding other drivers. I have no problems with mine and I've had them in over a year and half now.

• 2 weeks later...

You can certainly I change the bulbs out. To change their color to amber, you would need either an amber colored bulb or an amber colored lense. I am not sure if later model GS yellow lenses switch out with gen I lenses. If they do, you need to source the lense then. Any ideas out there?