Can You Beleive This?

maxlex

From a purely objective standpoint. I feel they screwed the pooch with this one. The 430 has those run-flat tires. Wich while cutting edge - seems to provide a horrible ride quality. The design is decent and like the hardtop convertible idea. Points there. But no inline six. No lower weight model with a fixed top and dare I ask for a turbo?

Of course this is a luxury segment, but I feel toyota/lexus could build on the platform of the JZZ3x models and find a hardcore following that would rival most purebred fanatics.

The 430 is a good car in my opinion but just to slap a hefty price tag on some leather a 4.3 and electro-mechanical roof is not going to get me to buy it.

I must add that this epinion is anti lexus and I do not agree with it - but understand the viewpoint.

I'm drawn to the potential and timeless looks of the SC300/Soarer because of it's beauty - smooth lines, unlimited potential with in-line six - and it's just stuck in my head every day.

Lexus is a great brand of automobile and I can not recommend one above. But the 430 - may be a let down. Many owners have removed the run flat tires to find a much better ride with a conventional wheel. But that's all I've seen. As far as speed - who knows. I know it won't win any races - but this thing is the epitamy of luxo-cruisers. Not my cup - o - T.

Us JZZ30-1 owners are just lucky I guess. Maybe some day something with a similar set-up will come around from the likes of toyota and lexus. One can only hope. And I really hope they do. Please, guys.

• 5 weeks later...

Ya, lexus should make a hard top model, but i dunno about a 6 cyl. That review was just sickining. but, i have a SC430 and it is a bit on the slugish side, from a stand still that is. another weird thing, the GS430 is faster to 60 then the SC430. ok its only .1 seconds but the SC should be at least .5 seconds faster then the GS. i just dont see how lexus did that.

there was probably extra weight from the hardtop convertible mechanical stuff.

and also maybe because of some drag also caused by the hardtop convertible.

i would like to see the car in a complete hardtop as well. it would look pretty nice in my opinion. but i'm not 100% fond of the SC exterior. it's so different from the previous generations. i like the older generations better. :)