Brake Pulse

wheeler608

i have a 2000 rx300 i thought i had a warped rotor so i replaced both front rotors and pads, i took it for a test run and i still have the problem, when i step on the pedal i get a pulse like a warped rotor and once in awhile i get steering wheel shimmy (just a little). i did some research on the problem and others said it is the abs ring, so i took off the sensor and cleaned both of them and inspected (what i could see)the axle and see no damage. went for another test run and the problem is still there. got back to the shop and took off both abs fuses, went for another test run and the problem is still there........ could it be the bearings, unbalanced wheels, or need a aliment or is it the abs ring and i need to change the axles. any ideas and help would be great, thanks

Given the age of your RX300, I'm guessing you are well past the 100,000 mile mark in addition to being 11+ years old. Another thing which will contribute to your problem are failing front suspension components - especially bushings. Still, if you replaced both pads and rotors I'm surprised the problem did not go away at least for some period of time. If you have a good independent shop, I think it's time to let the pros take a look at your problem.

Did you lube the guide pins and brake pad support points? The caliper may be stuck and the brakes applying uneven....

As for suspension parts the lower control arm bushings can be worn or excessively hardened...Requires the entire control arm to be replaced. A 1998 Toyota Camry contol arm will fit and is a lot cheaper....