Climate Control Control Display

psckrat

Hello,

Is the display itself dark, or are the lights just not working?

The lights are the least expensive. The display can be several hundred, depending on if you can get just the LCD replaced, or find a good panel somewhere.

My display and lights are out. Price tag around $350 to repair

Good luck

I would suggest you visit "Performance Parts, and FAQ" pinned in this forum. I've placed a post for some remanufacturers, but expect to pay a little--Not $400.

If that one bulb doesn't really bother you, I would suggest leaving it for now, until you really need to.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 93 SC400 and have the dreaded LCD Bleed. I found one on Ebay from a 95 SC300. The LCD is amber instead of Green and I got both the Climate Control Unit and the Radio Head Unit. The 93s had green lights in both LCDs, so now I'm amber and it is very bright. Now I can see all the symbols.

To bad no one repairs these, they repair the radios and they repair the LS units, but not the SC units.

:cheers:

LLS,

I'll say again, Too bad no one repairs these!

Currently there is no one that can repair the LCD Bleed that is common with the SC Climate Control Unit.

Burned our lights are repairable, but the LCD Bleed requires the replacement of the Liquid Crystal Display and currently, no one offers this for the SC Climate Control Unit.

The closest I came to getting one repaired was when I contacted an individual that repairs these units for the LS model and he offered to sell me 100 LCD screens and I go into business to repair other forum users. About $8,000 for these units.

I see, i was speaking of the OP's question.

Display appears to be ok. Entire display looks ok in daylight. Only when

lights are on does it appear dark

while responding to you at the same time. The LCD (liquid crystal display) is filled with liquid crystal (surprise). When the seal starts to leak air around the edge of the climate's LCD, the screen takes on air. The air dries out the liquid crystals and they turn black.

Heat and cold make a dramatic impact on the units. someone in a warm climate may not see this problem for up to a year after it initially begins, whereas someone in a cold climate will see it almost immediately.

I have experimented with trying to saturate the lcd with various materials, but have yet to find something that will work. This is going to be one of those things that get's replaced if it goes bad, like a pair of brakes.

In theory, yes.

In reality you are only delaying the inevitable by a minimal margin. There is a certain amount of natural drying going on that is unavoidable. glass is a great insulator, but not without some leakage through the very glass itself. your efforts probably wouldn't be well rewarded.

The 1993 Climate Control Units were notorious for leaking/bleeding and fading to black. This has not been the case with other year models. But any model year 300 or 400 from 92-95 will work. The 95s went to an amber lighted display.

• 10 months later...
I have 1992 SC400 taht has a dark area on the right hand side of the Climate Control display. I believe it may be a lamp. Obviously you have to remove the entire console area to replace it. Anyone have any other ideas

I have the same problem with my 1993 SC 400. I haven't tried to fix it yet for fear of doing some damage. Did you get information on how to remove the console area without damaging it?

Could you email me the info. at Aargau@cox.net

I have 1992 SC400 taht has a dark area on the right hand side of the Climate Control display. I believe it may be a lamp. Obviously you have to remove the entire console area to replace it. Anyone have any other ideas

I have one for sale everything is working let me know if you need it.

jakino

post-1948-1106468191_thumb.jpg