Spare Tire Kit

Tracey Ann

Hi all, I am not to the club but was hoping someone could give me some guidance on where to get a spare tire kit for my 2002 SC 430. Actually, a spare tire kit that is less that $750, I saw someone quoted one at $500 canadian dollars though. The dealership quoted me $1200 for one which is way overpriced in my opinion. Any suggestions or suggestions as to an alternative would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tracey Ann.

Go to Walmart and get the tire repair kit that has a little 12 volt compressor and a bottle of tire sealant (Green Slime) for about $20 and forget about the spare tire. We have 250,000 miles on our SC430 and never had a problem....

Search the SC430 forum with the key words "+spare +tire" (without the quotes) and you will find a number of threads about Toyota Supra, Acura TL, etc. spare tires being the same wheel and tire size as the tire/wheel in the official SC430 spare tire kit. You can get a spare tire/wheel that fits your SC430 for very little but if you want the complete trunk kit, that's another story.

wow, you have that many miles on your car. Incredible. My thought was just to by a spare and put down in the well of the rear of the car. Unfortunately, my golf clubs won't fit now, but I rather be safe than sorry. But your suggestion is well taken in the interim. I have a small air compressor we use for the bikes, so many that will work as well. Thanks bunches for your response. Tracey