Tires For A 08 Gs350 Awd

My 08 GS350 AWD came with runflats, have replaced the two front due to excessive wear at 20,000 miles and now they are in need to be replaced again at 25,000 miles. I don't want to put the RFT on again.

Any suggestions on a good traction and low noise tire?

I'm not sure, but I think I can use the same rims - is this true?

Thanks for your help!

That's a loaded question with little information given: what size are your wheels and will the car ever see snow? Given that you are in So. WI, I would say yes on the snow part.

I hate runflats, and replaced mine with 18" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. These are a very nice tire, on the pricey side but great tire. These are my March to December tire. For snow months I have Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3s on 17" stock wheels. Awesome high performance snow tire. If you dump the runfarts, make sure you have a spare tire. The 06 did not come standard with a spare and I had to shell out close to $150 for a spare tire set up.

check out www.tirerack.com and go through their decision program to find a tire that meets you needs in the size you have.

steviej

• 1 month later...

My 08 GS350 AWD came with runflats, have replaced the two front due to excessive wear at 20,000 miles and now they are in need to be replaced again at 25,000 miles. I don't want to put the RFT on again.

Any suggestions on a good traction and low noise tire?

I'm not sure, but I think I can use the same rims - is this true?

Thanks for your help!

Ditto on the Michelin Pilot Sports A/S. Night and Day handling and better ride !!!! I have an 08 and got rid of them the first chance I got due to wear of the runflats. No regrets yet !!! Even the Lexus dealer suggested these tires!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a 2008 GS 350 AWD. I stuck with runflats. I had three flats during the life of the tires, so they were very convenient. Also, I was told that 1) the car was designed to ride on them and 2) that anything but would be a softer ride. I don't know if any of that's really true. Surprised by the price of Dunlops, from tirebuyer.com I purchased Perelli Pzero Nero All Season P225/50R17 for about the same price as a high quality non-run flat. I had them shipped directly to my Lexus dealer. I now have 2000 miles on them and am very happy.

Michelin Pilot Sports A/S is the best tire for the money and performace there is to put on your GS. Tomall of those who suggested these tires.....you know what you are talking about.

Good job!!