Tire Pressure Warning Valve And Transmitters

Can anyone tell me if the tire pressure warning valve and transmitter are hare to remove or replace, I would also like to know where they are located. Also should you replace with new ones when you replace the tires. Thanks, Q

They are indeed easy to replace, if you look on ebay for the sensors you can find out what they look like. You don't need to touch them if you're just replacing tires. They're built into the valve stem.

When you rotate and balance the tires, does anything have to be done with the tire pressure valve and transmitters and do you need to initiate the vehicle when the rotation it completed? Thanks much Q.

Nope, the wheels can be removed from the car, tires replaced, balanced, and the wheels can be rotated. If the sensors are already programmed, and as long as they're not damaged, they'll always work with the car. It doesn't matter where on the car they all are, you'd be surprised in the range of the signals! The car can recognize the signal from the sensors at about 100 feet.

I know this because I just recently damaged a tire, so I replaced it with my spare and left the damaged tire/rim (with a sensor) in my garage. When I leave my house, my "check system" light comes on telling me it can't read the sensor from the damaged tire. And when I come back home, once I'm at the bottom of my driveway (about 100ft from my garage) the dash changes to the "low tire" error which tells me it can read the signal from the sensor that it's low on air.

You can also rotate with your spare as well, as the spare has a TPMS sensor as well. The car keeps track of all 4 wheels and the spare at all times.

What exactly are you having done to the car?

I just turned 24K on my Lexus and I didn't want to take it to the dearlership to rotate and balance the tires because of the cost. (up here almost the cost of the vehicle) LOL, but I was concerned about the sensors and also when I'm ready to purchase new tires I'll be aware of the sensors. I want to thank all the people that post on this club, its a real big help and a money saver. Thanks again, Q

I just turned 24K on my Lexus and I didn't want to take it to the dearlership to rotate and balance the tires because of the cost. (up here almost the cost of the vehicle) LOL, but I was concerned about the sensors and also when I'm ready to purchase new tires I'll be aware of the sensors. I want to thank all the people that post on this club, its a real big help and a money saver. Thanks again, Q

Glad we could help! :cheers: