In Need To Xm Installation

teelove

Hello pride Lexus ownwers.. This is my second lexus. Crashed my ES330 which was a 04 and top of the line(used) but great car. Now i have a IS250(08) and i really love it. But it missing a couple of upgrades? 1st I want to install XM. I was told that i needed to get a XM Satillite tuner? But which one? and where do i get it from. I already know this much? So now im asking whats the next step? Do i go thru the dealership or aftermarket(search online)? I want it to work with my radio. Please HELP ME/////

Hello pride Lexus ownwers.. This is my second lexus. Crashed my ES330 which was a 04 and top of the line(used) but great car. Now i have a IS250(08) and i really love it. But it missing a couple of upgrades? 1st I want to install XM. I was told that i needed to get a XM Satillite tuner? But which one? and where do i get it from. I already know this much? So now im asking whats the next step? Do i go thru the dealership or aftermarket(search online)? I want it to work with my radio. Please HELP ME/////

Also looking for the same information. Bump.

Also looking for the same information. Bump.

You could probably have your present radio/tuner/OEM system replaced with a Satellite capable one by the dealer, but it would cost you a fortune!!! Your best bet is to add a aftermarket Sat. tuner. Your dealer will not do this for you. There are many good qualified auto sound/radio shops that can fix you up with almost any configuration you need. Ask around for the name of a quality shop,(even ask your dealer, they know these things).

When your looking at adding equipment to your Lexus, be cautious about swapping out speakers and amplifiers. Lexus uses a system of matched crossovers and speakers that is difficult to match with off the shelf equipment.

Paul