Disappointing Dunlop Tires

I own a 2001 GS 300 and the tread on the Dunlop sp5000 tires that came with the car is all worn down at 25,000 miles. I've never had tires wear out this fast! I read reviews on this tire and all of them were dissatisfied with the tread wear and performance on snow. The dealer is recommending these tires again, but I do not want to purchase these ever again! Do any of you GS 300 owners have a set of tires you can recommend? It's just the standard size(215/60/r16). I was looking into the Bridgestone Turanzas and I also read that the BF Goodrich are also good.

Please Help!

Tirerack sucks! Why? The reason the sale for cheap because the quality almost meet the standard. It's barely defective! How to find out? After balancing the tires you will see the result with addition weight add on to the rim to balance out the tire. If the tire with poor quality with will need extra amount of weight to add on. But good quality tire only needs 1 or 2 oz of weight. So be aware of this.

The last time I purchased 4 tires from tirerack I could not stand it, the damn front wheel so noisy, I thought I had problem with the wheel bearing, but not just the damn tires. The steering keeps bounce left and right while driving. After I installed the new 2 Michelle on my front wheels, now it's solve my problem but still there are noise from the back. I would never purchased try to save money on tires by buying it from Tirerack again. Michellin tires from SamClubs are great. Don't have cheap tires on your expensive car, it's not worthy.

When you purchase a tire beware do some reading about Handling, Noise, Thread wear and Weather condition. This way you really know what you are paying for.

Good luck,

Tire Rack sells the same tires as everybody else. That would be like saying your Lexus isn't as good as a Lexus bought from a dealership because it was bought at Carmax or something. Its the same Lexus sold everywhere. TireRack sells brand name tires just like everyone else, Michelin, Dunlop, Continental, Pirelli, they're just at discount prices. You bought your Michelin tires at a Sams Club (Wal Mart) thats a discount store, are they not as good because you didn't buy them from the Lexus dealership? Of course not, they're the same tires and you could have ordered them from Tire Rack.

The reason Tire Rack is cheaper is simple volume, they sell an INSANE amount of tires. They're also quite good about returns for out of round wheels etc. I've been buying tires from TireRack for 5-6 years now and have never been dissapointed. Blame the tire manufacturer not the reseller.

As for the Dunlops, Dunlop is a nice quality quiet tire but the treadwear is dismal I agree. Its because they use high quality soft compounds. Gives a great ride and grippy handling but they wear 2-3 times faster. However, Michelins are twice as expensive, so really Dunlops not so bad...