Disappointed In How Ipod Works With Nav Screen

Either way I connect the iPod on the 2011 RX350, UBS or BlueTooth, I can't scroll down from tracks let's say from the "A's" to the "D's". I have to toggle one track at a time until I reach the track I want. Very tedious. Does anyone know a work-around on this?

Apple won't allow alot of their direct functions to be copied. Up to the 5th generation you could use any player to receive video, but for some reason Apple stopped that also. SO, it's not the interface modules, although there are some that are better than others, none I have seen do what your asking. Just be happy that Apple still thinks it's profitable to be able to interface it with other stereo systems.

The best way to use ipods on intergrated car stereos is to create playlists. Such as the "a" list and the B list. Or set up the Driving mix playlists. Then you can just skip from playlist to playlist.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah parbuster I have the same complaints! What I usually do I just use bluetooth and navigate the songs via my iPhone. BMW's interface is a million times better, I can zip to the bottom of a 250 song playlist in 5 seconds and is much more intuitive. The Lexus system wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so slow scrolling through a playlist.

I am not able to stream music from my smartphone to Lexus either via bluetooth or USB even though the phone is connected via bluetooth. Has anyone been able to connect and stream music?

I am not able to stream music from my smartphone to Lexus either via bluetooth or USB even though the phone is bluetooth connected. Has anyone beem able to connect and stream music?