Sc300/sc400

VHKIA

hello everyone, I was hoping if anyone could help me with a few questions I have.

I have a Lexus 1992 sc400. And I wanted to put a 2jz in it however i heard that I have to pay for mounts to set the 2jz. while in the sc300 it fits in perfectly and all I will need to do is buy a 2jc. I was wondering is the sc400 really that diffrent compare to a sc300? as in performance and for racing (legal). does the 2jz use prumuim gas or unleaded? Just wanted to know if anyone could help me with this. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone, I was hoping if anyone could help me with a few questions I have.

I have a Lexus 1992 sc400. And I wanted to put a 2jz in it however i heard that I have to pay for mounts to set the 2jz. while in the sc300 it fits in perfectly and all I will need to do is buy a 2jc. I was wondering is the sc400 really that diffrent compare to a sc300? as in performance and for racing (legal). does the 2jz use prumuim gas or unleaded? Just wanted to know if anyone could help me with this. Thank you

you could put unleaded into 2jz. currently i have a sc400 shell. I want to put a 2jz-gte in also. but it takes A LOT of modifications. Better off finding a sc300 and dropping it in. more labor= more $$ out of pocket. unless you're doing it yourself.not much aftermarket support. also no point if it's not a manual. It's obviously different. Sc400 harder to modify than sc300.