Power Steering Noise

blessed

noise might be the symptom of low fluid level or air in the system. first check the level and then check for bubbles when some1 is turning the wheel with engine on. if you doi have bubbles just leave the cap open for the night and they will be gone.

noise might be the symptom of low fluid level or air in the system. first check the level and then check for bubbles when some1 is turning the wheel with engine on. if you doi have bubbles just leave the cap open for the night and they will be gone.

I agree with VMF. It sounds like there is still air in system.

If your resevoir is full, you could take it out by:

Starting the car

open the cap of the PS resevoir.

Turn the steering wheel from one side to other (completely).

You'll notice white bubbling, but ignore it.

Keep on doing it until the noise disappears.

when my power steering pump starting making noise, i waited a few days before taking it in to the shop. the mechanic found the pump had v. little fluid in it due to a high pressure hose leak. low levels of fluid, even for a day or two, can damage the seals in the pump, which is expensive to replace. you should get an accurate diagnosis of the problem immediately, as that may save you $ down the line.