Navigation & Dvd Bypass

Moms GX470

Hi, New-Bee member here. Just bought an '05 GX470 with Navigation, DVD and back-up camera.

Has anyone purchased and installed a navigation bypass system that allows user input while driving?? Beat-Sonic sells one, but I'd love to hear from anyone that has installed one before I make the plunge ($185). Their website is www.beatsonicusa.com .... there may be others out there in the marketplace.

Thanks for any feedback on this.

FH

installed the DVD part, am going to install the other half for Navigation...The DVD part works fantastic....Then wife said hey I cant input my quilt stores while rolling...so guess its time to install the other harness.

Okay, that's encouraging. I assume that the Navigation unit will need to be removed to gain access to the harness behind the unit. Have you found any links that would provide detailed instruction on how to get the unit out?? Thx!

p.s. I may be doing something wrong, but I tried searching the Forum for this type of info .... wasn't very successful.

I am not familiar with the GX470 dash, but go to Club Lexus and do a search, the harness is plug and play, The RX400h dash looked difficult but took a whole 10 minutes to gain access to the Navigation and radio....

Here you go:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-first-generation/87880-dvd-override-and-pictures.html

hi

read your question, I'm not familiar with the one you mentioned, but I have installed the ultimate lockpick in my GX

http://www.coastaletech.com/APPLICATION%20GUIDE%20REV2.htm

works pretty good; but i would get the VAIS ipod video integration, that way you can play any move on your ipod.

Enjoy the GX we really like ours and it's still runs like new.

• 6 months later...

There is a company in San Diego CA and they have a bypass that works very well. This unit is installed in less than an hour and allows you to dial your phone and input navigation addresses while driving. They install a switch in the center box which is very easy to operate when you need to use the phone or nav while driving. The company name is Bluetooth Valet 760-481-7634, they have dealers all over so check them out.