New Hub And Bearing?

I got my brakes done at Les Schwab because I kept hearing this clicking noise. They said my front brakes were at 5% and that was causing the noise so they replaced the brakes. After I get my car back the noise is even louder so I take the car back. They now say its because my Front Drivers hub is bent and I need a new bearing. The noise is wierd. Its like a scrapping sound that clicks only when the brake is applied lightly. If I apply the brakes harder it doesnt do it. The Car doesnt make any noises when I turn or when I just drive straight. I jacked the car up and did the 12-6 9-3 teast to see if the wheel had any play and it didnt. I tried spinning the wheel so see if i could find it. I heard it slightly but it doesnt make a sound while I drive. Idk they could be right. They want to charge me 580 for installig a hub a bearing and do an alignment. I already got the parts and I got the repair manual but some of those pics are hard to understand. Has anyone done this before? I dont have a hub puller, a sst tool, or a press. Can I do it without those?

Its a 2003 is 300 94k miles

Thanks

• 7 months later...

I got my brakes done at Les Schwab because I kept hearing this clicking noise. They said my front brakes were at 5% and that was causing the noise so they replaced the brakes. After I get my car back the noise is even louder so I take the car back. They now say its because my Front Drivers hub is bent and I need a new bearing. The noise is wierd. Its like a scrapping sound that clicks only when the brake is applied lightly. If I apply the brakes harder it doesnt do it. The Car doesnt make any noises when I turn or when I just drive straight. I jacked the car up and did the 12-6 9-3 teast to see if the wheel had any play and it didnt. I tried spinning the wheel so see if i could find it. I heard it slightly but it doesnt make a sound while I drive. Idk they could be right. They want to charge me 580 for installig a hub a bearing and do an alignment. I already got the parts and I got the repair manual but some of those pics are hard to understand. Has anyone done this before? I dont have a hub puller, a sst tool, or a press. Can I do it without those?

Thanks

Hello,

Did you figure out whats wrong? I am also having the same issue after replacing wheel bearing so just curious.

Thanks

S

Thanks

If you take the hub assembly out you can take it to a machine shop where they can press the old bearing out and insert the new one. You will not need a hub puller in that case. Just remove the entire hub assembly and take it to the shop.