Swing Arm

celeb1

New to the forum and picking up my first sc this weekend (2002). I ave read about the premature inner tire wear,can anyone discuss the "swing arm modificatiuon "which is supposed to giv you more camber adjustment? I can't seem to find anything on this subject that describes it.If I am looking in the wrong place,please let me know..As a note ,the first thing I am doing in getting rid of the run flats...thanks again!

I put a lot of information on here about what I personally did to stop my tire wear. I will not re-type it. The fact that you have found the information about adjusting the swing arms tell me you have found my information. Because I have a lot of mechanical background and welding experience, I have actually modified my swing arm adjusting pivots to allow additional camber. My tires wear completely even across the tire. I am getting 40,000+ on tires now. Its my wife's car and she has over 240,000 miles on it. That would be 24 sets of tires with the original camber. This is an excellent car, but I don't understand for the life of me why Lexus didn't at least make the camber adjustable to "0" for older drivers that don't push the car through slaloms. This is the only real problem I have had with the car... about ready for a second timing belt....