Any Employers Here?

LEXIRX330

My offices are starting to get a little larger and I have added on some new staff. In the old days it was simple everyone was at the same office and the hours were easy to track. Now...it seems that someone is always out of the office. Everyone is responsible to keep their own time card...I don't need to elaborate on how I think that is going. So my question anyone here using a good software based system that can be installed on each computer...that can be tracked on the web by an administrator? I have looked at several options online...but would like to here from someone who actually is using something that works well. I have approx 8 employees that I need to keep track of the time?

Thanks guys...and gals...thought someone here might have something that they use...

:cheers:

At our offices we use a time clocks by Icon Time Systems. We have three physical time clocks that hourly people swipe in on then our HR manager downloads all the punches which only takes about 30 sec. They offer a Virtual terminal so that you don't have to buy any physical time clocks, you can install the vterminal on all your client machines and they can punch in and out there. It also integrates with a all kinds of payroll software (eg ADP, QuickBooks, etc). Here's the link to timesource complete which works with the virtual terminals.... http://www.icontime.com/products/software/timesourceComplete.asp

At our offices we use a time clocks by Icon Time Systems. We have three physical time clocks that hourly people swipe in on then our HR manager downloads all the punches which only takes about 30 sec. They offer a Virtual terminal so that you don't have to buy any physical time clocks, you can install the vterminal on all your client machines and they can punch in and out there. It also integrates with a all kinds of payroll software (eg ADP, QuickBooks, etc). Here's the link to timesource complete which works with the virtual terminals.... http://www.icontime.com/products/software/timesourceComplete.asp

Thanks Kyle!

If they all have computers, then make it a requirement to email you when they start and when they finish at work....

http://www.timeclockplus.com/products/software/prof/prof.aspx

This is the program I just started using. All my staff seem to like it ok. It's a real time system, so they can't put whatever time they want. They simply log in and it tells them what time they started.

The thing that makes me so mad is one of the programs that everyone has to login to everyday when they get in should be able to do this. I can tell at anytime who is logged in but it will not show when they logged in or out. This is one of our automation/ management systems and it cost $1,150 per month. Lenore I guess my problem with the email is I can email from my phone so it's not effective. A system that they would have to do from their computer or from the office would be better.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

The thing that makes me so mad is one of the programs that everyone has to login to everyday when they get in should be able to do this. I can tell at anytime who is logged in but it will not show when they logged in or out. This is one of our automation/ management systems and it cost $1,150 per month. Lenore I guess my problem with the email is I can email from my phone so it's not effective. A system that they would have to do from their computer or from the office would be better.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

????? huh.gif

Unless you are billing your customers by the actual time employees are working on their accounts, my suggestion is to forget about tracking time and track only performance in meeting goals. Pay your employees for the work they do and the revenue they bring in.

????? huh.gif

If your ??? Is about the system it is for client files, forms, log notes, real time rating and many other agency system tools. Trust me I think it should do more to but it is almost impossible not to use something like this. There are cheaper systems but that's just it they are cheaper.

Unless you are billing your customers by the actual time employees are working on their accounts, my suggestion is to forget about tracking time and track only performance in meeting goals. Pay your employees for the work they do and the revenue they bring in.

I wish it was that easy. I wish everyone worked off of commission but since someone has to do the service work that's just not possible. I guess to give you some background. I own an insurance agency (me and the bank :) ) I have some producers that are paid commission but I also have csrs that handle the service work and they are paid hourly. I have two offices and obviously I can't be at both places at the same time. So everyone is responsible to fill out their own time cards. Used to be ok when there were only 3 people but now it is just too much and I always like to inspect what I expect if you know what I mean. There are a couple of times that I think there is a discrepancy but I have no proof. So that needs to change.

????? huh.gif

If your ??? Is about the system it is for client files, forms, log notes, real time rating and many other agency system tools. Trust me I think it should do more to but it is almost impossible not to use something like this. There are cheaper systems but that's just it they are cheaper.

I wish it was that easy. I wish everyone worked off of commission but since someone has to do the service work that's just not possible. I guess to give you some background. I own an insurance agency (me and the bank :) ) I have some producers that are paid commission but I also have csrs that handle the service work and they are paid hourly. I have two offices and obviously I can't be at both places at the same time. So everyone is responsible to fill out their own time cards. Used to be ok when there were only 3 people but now it is just too much and I always like to inspect what I expect if you know what I mean. There are a couple of times that I think there is a discrepancy but I have no proof. So that needs to change.

I know exactly what you mean. It is the age old dilema of managing people. Some days you wish you could go back to just being a one person office. Other days it's how much carrot and how much stick. I hope you find a good solution.

What you need to do, is take the money you'll spend on software and go getcha' one of these instead! :geek:

:cheers:

post-15797-0-89841700-1302545931_thumb.j

....but be weary of these types....they tend to have hidden "triggers". :lol:

post-15797-0-90423800-1302546421_thumb.j