Lubricating Tilt/telescope

wanderson

I'm going to open my steering column and lubricate the tilt & telescope motors, based on pics & vids of the motor gears it looks like Lexus uses some type of white lithium or molypaste. Just curious if anyone has any recommendations as to what would be best to use. Normally I'd use some white lithium grease spray but that's too messy and I need something more like a paste that won't run or leak.

I'm going to open my steering column and lubricate the tilt & telescope motors, based on pics & vids of the motor gears it looks like Lexus uses some type of white lithium or molypaste. Just curious if anyone has any recommendations as to what would be best to use. Normally I'd use some white lithium grease spray but that's too messy and I need something more like a paste that won't run or leak.

If you happen to be doing this due to "stalling" movement then they is a TSB that applies.

No seizing, movement is good, just a slight groan when it returns to it's 'docking' position on shutdown. Thought I'd lubricate those gears just as a precaution. Originally planned on having my mechanic disable that feature during my last service but it wasn't and now I think I'll just keep it active. It may also just be the plastic housing on the steering column rubbing on the dash, I figured it's still a good excuse for some preventative maintenance. I've got a grease gun with synthetic moly, I may just use that. I was hoping to find out what lexus used from the factory and just add that rather than mixing two different lubes.

If you happen to be doing this due to "stalling" movement then they is a TSB that applies.