2002 Rx 300 Premature Tramission Failure

peng

Could anyone advise me how to deal with Lexus Canada regarding my RX300 permature transmission failure at 126,000km? Cost me cdn$4700 to get it rebuilt. I tried to email Lexus CA thru website, it didn't go thru. I phoned them, they told me it took 4-7 business days to review my case. Besides,...they didn't sound friendly over the phone.

I have to ask did you have all service done at the dealership? If not than dont expect anything from Lexus of America...They only give assistance if you have been a valued customer ie all service at the dealership...Also was the transmission replaced at Lexus? Good luck and dont forget to file a complaint with the transportation board in Canada.

Good luck

I have to ask did you have all service done at the dealership? If not than dont expect anything from Lexus of America...They only give assistance if you have been a valued customer ie all service at the dealership...Also was the transmission replaced at Lexus? Good luck and dont forget to file a complaint with the transportation board in Canada.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice... Actually, I found over the Internet that many similar transmission failure cases like mine. For this model RX300 2002, this should have been a recall.

Sorry, I know your pain, Mine was replaced at 100k miles and then had to be replaced again because it was defective...(All from Lexus) cost me $4300 in 2004...I have been fighting this failure for a long time..Filed my complaints, but they dont really care. Some have gotten assistance from Lexus when they have exclusively used the dealership for all maintenance...Some have gotten up to 50% or the tranny for free and they paid labor...Highly suggest having your fluid changed once a year or every 20k miles...DO NOT do a flush, drain and fills only.

Mine went at 89k. I was told this transmission is shared with several other models and is a common and known weakness with them all. I don't think you'll get anywhere huffing and puffing. It took 8 years and a class action lawsuit to get them to acknowledge the fatal engine sludge problem (I got that at 85k) and compensate for it.

Right now at 99k, I can’t even get rid of the thing because the sludge problem makes it smoke and unable to pass smog (A CA U.S. requirement). I don’t think I’ll be buying another one soon.

Regards, PK

Mine went at 89k. I was told this transmission is shared with several other models and is a common and known weakness with them all. I don't think you'll get anywhere huffing and puffing. It took 8 years and a class action lawsuit to get them to acknowledge the fatal engine sludge problem (I got that at 85k) and compensate for it.

Right now at 99k, I can’t even get rid of the thing because the sludge problem makes it smoke and unable to pass smog (A CA U.S. requirement). I don’t think I’ll be buying another one soon.

Regards, PK

thanks for the reply, I got a reply from Lexus today, they.. simply couldn't give me any financial aid, cos I was not "so-called" gold card customer.

Regards, Peng.

Exactly which means "ALL" service would have had to be done at Lexus dealership....Thank you customer no service....

Sorry, I know your pain, Mine was replaced at 100k miles and then had to be replaced again because it was defective...(All from Lexus) cost me $4300 in 2004...I have been fighting this failure for a long time..Filed my complaints, but they dont really care. Some have gotten assistance from Lexus when they have exclusively used the dealership for all maintenance...Some have gotten up to 50% or the tranny for free and they paid labor...Highly suggest having your fluid changed once a year or every 20k miles...DO NOT do a flush, drain and fills only.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, indeed, very very painful..

After the fix, the car is not as good as before, maybe I will think about trade-in.. but no more Lexus.