Tire Recommendation

I have Michelin Energy MXV4 235/55/ R18 tires ( $209 at Costco)on my 2004 RX330. It seems as if I have to replace these tires around 25k-30K miles, which seems too

soon. The tires run smooth, however, I'd like a balance of smooth running and longer lasting.

I'm hearing good things about the Bridgestone - Dueler H/L Alenza ($ 187 at Costco).

Please let me know what you think

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about the duelers, but I made a mistake buying yokohama parada spec x tires for my rx.

They were fairly quiet at first, then became noisy, very noisy after just 2000 miles.

So you cant always trust reviews!

Hi,

The michelin tires on my 2009 RX 350 also got worn out @ 24k miles. I am planning to go with "Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza" as it has some good reviews.

I am going to buy it from discount tire this weekend. BTW, you get $100 AMEX card from Bridgestone if you buy same set of 4 tires.

• 2 months later...

My 09 rx350 came with Michelin Energy LX4 and I've only had car for 2 years and it already needs new tires!

I'm probably not going to get these same tires again. It's very comfortable but then it wasn't that good in the snow and alot of reviews online say the same and bad treadwear rating.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Energy+LX4&partnum=265SR7LX4&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Lexus&autoYear=2009&autoModel=RX350&autoModClar=AWD