2011 Ls460L Awd

Hi,

Considering 2011 LS460L AWD. Past forums here and elsewhere have highlighted owner complaints about this vehicle (in previous years) continuously 'hunting' and hesitating - searching for the right gear - particularly under low speed (35-40mph) uphill conditions. Comments indicated that the transmission code may be optimized for the standard LS460, and not right for the lower HP heavier weight L wheelbase and AWD. In test drives I have been unable to find the condition. Has Lexus changed the computer code for the 2011 LS460L AWD to eliminate this problem?

Thanks.

Ollie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Considering 2011 LS460L AWD. Past forums here and elsewhere have highlighted owner complaints about this vehicle (in previous years) continuously 'hunting' and hesitating - searching for the right gear - particularly under low speed (35-40mph) uphill conditions. Comments indicated that the transmission code may be optimized for the standard LS460, and not right for the lower HP heavier weight L wheelbase and AWD. In test drives I have been unable to find the condition. Has Lexus changed the computer code for the 2011 LS460L AWD to eliminate this problem?

Thanks.

Ollie

You might want to look at a thread in the Club Lexus forum.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls460-ls460l-and-ls600h/547457-ls460-owners-especially-awd-please-help.html

The original poster "edarte" would be interested in hearing of your experiences. He, and I, have an LS460 SWB AWD. His is a 2009 and mine is a 2011. I am not having similar problems but your problems seem similar to his. You might want to join the Club Lexus forum and PM him. I am sure he would like to hear from you. I will pass a link to this forum to him as well.

Good luck, sorry I can't be of any help.

Mike