Replaced Fuel Filter Now Car Run Rough

mattygood

I changed my fuel filyer in my 1991 ls400 now the car runs rough at idle drops to abou 750 rpms at idle the when taking of slow until I hit second. Iy seemed to mis firing I did full tune up plugs wire caps routors colant tempetire sensor. I'm think a cloged fuel injector or even though fuel filter was replace last an is when the problem started any ideas would be great thanks.....

Can't understand your post so you might want to clarify and then you'll get more useful feedback. The better you describe the situation the more likely you'll hear something useful. Bcuz it real.ee hurd to fallow youz 1st poost.

A clogged Fuel filter would be more noticeable at higher engine loads when EFI system is calling for more fuel. The starvation caused by a plugged filter would be more noticeable a high engine load. If it is only an idle problem then it is something else and it might just be coincidence that it appeared now.

You mentioned you did a tune up. Did you do that before or after you started seeing idle problems? You seem to imply the fuel filter started the problems but its quite possible messing around with ignition components might have created the problem. Did you miswire a cylinder or two? A tune up doesn't typically include a coolant temp sensor. What caused you to change that? Give us more of the sequence of events and decisions you made and it might help point to the answer.

The car was running like that before the tune up. All plugs wires are rite. Once the car warms the rmps idle little rough @ 750 and its slow to take off idk it started after i feplace the fuel filter i wuz thinking a clogged fuel injector...?

Does it run poor on the road or is this just an idle problem? If just idle clean the throttle body and the IACV and be sure the IACV mechanism isn't sticky.

It could be a clogged injector but that would show up at all speeds...

Only wen o first take off it a lottle rough bit a npmal speeds its fine

I see you are still having trouble with your keyboard and dictionary.

Tri cleenin' da trottle bodie 'n stickee IACV